Raising a child is not an easy task, in fact it can become very heavy and overwhelming, so much that they don’t even have a little time left to the mothers for themselves or to take even a little rest.
That’s when creativity makes us look for different ways to fulfill responsibilities without leaving unmet needs.
Simple and effective trick is shared by a mom to keep her baby calm
Melissa Dykstra is the young mother who shared the trick she uses with her baby Olivia to have a few minutes available.
She puts an inflated rubber glove on her baby to calm her down and to fall asleep, so Melissa can leave the room, take a quick shower and finish her coffee.
She shared her trick on a Facebook page of paternity and it quickly went viral.
“What a great idea, I wish it had happened 20 years ago”.
“I wish I had thought about it 15 years ago.”
“What a brilliant idea.”
On the other hand, others indicated that it could be dangerous for the baby:
¨ I want to think that it is a joke and that nobody would leave a baby with a glove that could fall on his mouth and make him drown. How much irresponsibility! ¨
How can we make the baby’s sleep environment safe?
Given this, the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development has given the following recommendations to create a safe sleep environment for your baby:
- Place the baby always on his back to sleep.
- Sleep the baby only in his crib.
- The crib must conform to current safety regulations, have a firm mattress and a fitted sheet.
- The crib should be placed in the parent’s room next to the bed.
- Any object that could put the baby in danger of suffocation should be out of the crib.
- Avoid blankets, it is better to cover it with your own pajamas.
- Smoking is prohibited in the room where the baby sleeps.
Simple rules that should never be forgotten, keep your baby safe with them!
We hope this information will be of great help to those moms who always look for the best for their little ones.