He lost his life for eating his nails – now everyone must be warned of danger

A former soccer referee who bit his nails until they bled died of a heart attack at the age of 40 after contracting septicemia, according to an investigation.

According to the British newspaper Daily Mail, John Gardener frequently chewed the ends from his fingers to the point where they ‘bled often’, resulting in a septic infection.

The former amateur football referee died of a heart attack, just a few days after his 40th birthday and two weeks after he had entered the hospital. Wigan’s infirmary, where he had undergone an operation to remove the tip of one of his fingers, since he had a large septic infection, which caused his heart attack.

The Bolton Forensic Court said that Mr. Gardener’s nails were in a constantly bad condition and that he lost a lot of sensitivity in them.

Dr. Daniel Vernon said at the hearing that Mr. Gardener probably didn’t realize the seriousness of the condition because of his nails.

‘John’s nails were always in bad condition,’ said the doctor. ‘It was likely that they were often bleeding when he went to the doctors.’

Mr. Gardener, who was a diabetic, had also been treated for anxiety and depression in the years prior to his death, this was added to the investigation.

He underwent surgery to remove the tip of his finger eight days after entering the hospital.

Before this, he was treated with intravenous antibiotics and the medical staff monitored him daily to see if his condition improved and he said he did not want to lose his finger.

The investigation showed that Mr. Gardener, of Wigan, Lancashire (United Kingdom), showed signs of slow but gradual improvement and showed no signs of high fever.

The orthopedic consultant and orthopedic surgeon, Mr. Chye Ng, said he was so shocked by the sudden death of his patient on September 22 last year.

Source: Daily Mail

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Viralinside