Grieving Mom Warns Of Bottle Propping After Her Losing Her 4-Month Old Son

Bottle propping is, without doubt, a deep-dark parenting confession. This stealthy method of feeding involves propping up a bottle so that you can provide nourishment for baby, hands-free. While feeding time is a time of bonding, sometimes parents just crave a few minutes of hands-free time.

For those who are unfamiliar with parenthood, bottle propping is a sneaky method of propping up a bottle so you can feed the baby essentially hands-free. However a young mother from the UK is urging parents to re-evaluate using this so called parenting “hack”.

Chloe Masters lost her four-month-old son when he choked on the milk dripping from his propped bottle after.

Chloe had been suffering from some intense back pain and so she decided to drop off her son overnight with his godmother, Claire. Little did she realise that was the last time she’d see him.

Back in 2015, Chloe lost her son Alex. However it took three years for the coroner to confirm that he indeed died from bottle propping. The story was covered by BBC who quizzed Claire about the baby’s death.

Initially she claimed that she had fallen asleep while giving Alex his bottle on the couch. However the truth comes out eventually.

Claire claims she had placed Alex in his car seat and fed him from a bottle of milk which was propped up by a blanket. Apparently when she woke up half an hour later Alex’s face was covered by the blanket. He was lifeless.

He was then brought to Lincoln County Hospital in England, where a postmortem revealed he had inhaled milk into his lungs.

Chloe explains, “Never, ever, ever, bottle prop under any circumstances. You could be put in this situation with your own child. I did it and thought it would never cause anything like this, and I was supervising. But people can lose concentration.”

If a baby happens to fall asleep before finishing its bottle, choking can occur since instead of swallowing the liquid. This results in the baby inhaling it instead, which causes it to go down the wrong passage.

Babies don’t have the strength or skills to feed themselves, and while bottle propping might seem like an easy feeding method, it’s not worth the risk. It’s a short cut that could end badly and haunt you for your remaining days.

Take a look at the video below on bottle feeding tips:

If you were shocked by this story then please SHARE with your friends on Facebook.

Scroll Below To Read More Top Stories From Viral inside.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Viralinside