Firefighters are warning about a place where we should never put our phone to charge.

Technology can be an excellent way to entertain and connect with the world. Unfortunately, electronic equipment isn’t always as safe as we think. One of the craziest examples of what can go wrong with the technology were two explosions of smartphone batteries.

The idea that something that you keep in your pockets or put close to your face can explode is certainly terrifying. It turns out that there is a new problem with the phones that we should take care about.

More and more firefighters are realizing that smartphones are causing fires. It turns out that an overheated phone battery can get so hot that it can cause a fire. The Newton Fire Department, New Hampshire appeared on social media recently to make sure people knew about these dangers. Newton’s firefighters explain that the easiest way for a phone to overheat and start a fire is to charge it on the bed while you sleep.

istockphoto.com/HearttoHeart0225

The problem occurs when a person connects the phone to a charger and then places it under the pillow or on the bed while sleeping. The common blanket tends to trap the heat. This means that the heat of the battery can’t escape, so temperatures rise to dangerous levels.

As the charger heats up more and more, you can easily burn sheets and other bedclothes that are easy to burn. High temperatures can also burn a person who flips over the phone while sleeping.

To emphasize their message, firefighters posted photos showing burn marks made by a typical charger. Research has found that more than half of all teens charge their phones in bed, so your children may have the greatest risk of getting burned by a phone that is charging.

Alabama firefighters have some suggestions to reduce the risk of fire due to nighttime loading. The most important thing is to never charge the phone during the whole night. This excessively long charging time is what causes the batteries to get too hot and happens just when you are sleeping and you don’t realize something that may be happening.

In general, it’s a good idea to never use a cheap charger from the aftermarket or a worn out old charger. These types of chargers are more likely to overheat. For the excess heat to dispel properly, place the phone on a flat, airy surface instead of surrounding it with soft items.

Now that you know the dangers of night charging, it’s important that you spread the word. Make sure that nobody you know charges your phone in bed while you sleep.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Viralinside