A Facebook live video of a Tennessee couple on heroin is going viral. The couple featured are unconscious, passed out on a sidewalk in the middle of the day.
According to WGN, they told police that they snorted heroin in a bathroom of a nearby Walgreens.
The Facebook video shows many onlookers stopping to take pictures and video footage.
“They out here fucked up!!” the video caption says.
“What they were doing was children things. It was a spectacle. It made me laugh. They can help themselves,” Courtland Garner, who took the viral video, says. “I know for a fact all the kids are on social media, and when kids see that video, you know what they are going to say? I don’t want to look stupid like that I don’t want to do those drugs.”
The man and woman, who are husband and wife, were taking by the fire department to the hospital in noncritical condition. The woman, Carla Hiers, had a warrant out for her arrest and was taken into custody.
The video is reminiscent of a picture that went viral last month of two grandparents overdosed on heroin with a child in the back seat of a van.
City of East Liverpool, Ohio/Facebook
Heroin use has become a growing epidemic across America. Many cite the overprescription of painkillers as one of the root causes.